1/23/2013

The Problem With Forecasting – Partners In Excellence

The Problem With Forecasting – Partners In Excellence:from 3forward 

 Sales Management Dashboards

In virtually every conversation with a sales executive, at one point we get into a discussion about forecasting.  Usually it starts with the executive mumbling something like, “Damn forecasts are worthless, I might was well flip a coin……..”  Being very cue sensitive, I usually reply something like, “Forecasting system not working for you?”
Then I just sit back and listen.  No one has accurate forecasts.  They put in strange processes to increase the accuracy of the forecast.  I see strange sequences of forecasts, the “This may happen forecast,”  moves to “I hope this will happen forecast,”  to “I’m sure this will happen because you’re telling me it needs to happen forecast.”
There are lots of problems with forecasts.  It is always a challenge to develop an accurate forecast, but here are some thoughts that should help you improve the accuracy.
READ MORE>>>
Source: Partners In Excellence

No comments: